• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Aj-n-Al

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

Conversation today:
2pm- "what are we having for dinner"?
     "left overs,  there's spag or curry mince,  make toasties if you want"
      "OK,  cool."

4.30pm- 'I'm not hungry tonight,  if you want to eat,  eat,  make yourself something.   If I decide to eat, I'll ask you. "

7.30 - No conversation  but person that talked of left overs cracks it on not getting fed. Becomes hangry comes to bed wakes non hungry and just radiates unhappy.
Person not hungry gets up makes hungry person food.

Is hangry person being precious?  Was the conversation not clear?  Hangry is now doing what they want watching t.v.

#2 #YKG

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

Assuming everyone is a functioning adult, if they know there is left overs they can just sort themselves out. Not really that hard.

#3 123Tree

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

I think it depends on the age of Hangry before we all jump in.

#4 No Drama Please

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:09 PM

Lol yes I have a few hangrys in my family while I am the non hangry one. To me it’s just bullsh*t because making yourself a piece of toast takes probably what, five minute max and is zero drama yet it’s like “oh my god I’m starving” we’ll wtf make something or why didn’t you have a bigger lunch when I told you earlier? I’m not even sure how I got the awesome thankless job of dinner lady when I’m the one whose happy with cheese and crackers!

#5 chicken_bits

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:10 PM

Hangry person sounds like a child, but I'm guessing they're an adult.

Is there a physical reason why they can't make their own food?

#6 jayskette

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:15 PM

when you are hangry you literally lose all common sense and brain function, and you won't be able to make any food.

#7 Aj-n-Al

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:16 PM

Hangry is the oldest at like 40+yrs.  
Children dished up, helped each other,  offered hungry early tea then fed themselves.
Non hungry didn't eat offered helped to kids at 4.30 which is when hangry was told if you get hungry then 'eat,  feed yourself or IF I decide to eat I'll offer".

#8 Aj-n-Al

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Hangry is 40+ yrs.  

At 4.30 kids were feed,  helped and hangry was offered and refused.  Was told exactly 'if your hungry eat,  I'm not hungry.  If I decide to eat I'll tell and ask you.  But if you get hungry eat".

Hungry has a history of it,  but come on,  it ain't hard....

#9 Aj-n-Al

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:22 PM

And yes hungry is a fully functional adult,  no limitations - that called left overs for tea to start with.

#10 amdirel

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

I say that "I'm not cooking, but there's xyz in the fridge, cook it if you want" line all the time, to my KIDS, and they cope perfectly fine.
So if this is a fully functional adult, then yeah they're being ridiculous.

#11 #notallcats

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:51 PM

No that's not ok or normal in most relationships, beyond maybe a 2 year old.  If I'm understanding correctly, I would not make food for the angry person.

#12 Riotproof

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:11 PM

View PostAj-n-Al, on 27 February 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

And yes hungry is a fully functional adult,  no limitations - that called left overs for tea to start with.

hangry can go jump.

#13 CallMeFeral

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:52 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 27 February 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

hangry can go jump.

This. And non hungry should not reward that behaviour by waking up to make food for them.

#14 PurpleWitch

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:58 PM

Hangry would be tripping balls if they thought that waking me to get fed would work.
I'd murder

#15 Jersey Caramel

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:59 PM

I don't understand.  If you are hungry,  surely you walk to the kitchen and get a banana? Why would you go to bed and wake up someone else and guilt them into making food for you? And if you are the non hungry person,  why would you get up and make food for someone like that?! Unless it was dog poo on toast.

#16 -Emissary-

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

Why did non-hungry person not just told hungry person they should help themselves to the leftovers...?!

I’m usually the hangry one who can come close to cracking it if DH says he’ll cook and then wait until 8 pm to start. In fact I did cracked it once because I was so hungry and there was nothing else to eat at home and DH didn’t let me order take out earlier.

I would be more than happy to heat up leftovers then wait around for food to be cooked if I’m hungry..

#17 SeaPrincess

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:08 PM

View Postjayskette, on 27 February 2020 - 08:15 PM, said:

when you are hangry you literally lose all common sense and brain function, and you won't be able to make any food.

I get hangry, and this is very true. For me at least, hangry happens without passing through hungry. On the odd occasion when I am aware of it, I can deal with it and feed myself, but there has been many a time when DH has put food in front of me and told me to eat because I don’t have a clue. I’ve also put food on the bench for my hangry child and told him to come and get it when he’s ready because he isn’t conscious that what he needs is food.

Actually, hangry makes light of someone’s low blood sugar status, which is a health problem. For me, it’s bad enough that I always carry a snack of some kind, just in case, but it still happens.

#18 Aj-n-Al

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:16 PM

View PostPurpleWitch, on 27 February 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

Hangry would be tripping balls if they thought that waking me to get fed would work.
I'd murder

I was close,  I love this, unfortunately I rewarded.  Glad to know I'm not mad though,  at time I do wonder.  
Our daughter was spewing,  the youngest boy I took out and enrolled in o.t so it was a busy afternoon.   I get Hangry, however I also recognise (maybe after a few snaps) and feed myself.
Little ones are hard,  our little ones are tag teaming I'll this week,  but I was somewhat taken aback as he was pretty warned and it was basically reheating.   All done now though I suppose,  he's feed asleep in bed,  I've cleaned up and am in the lounge as I was told to leave him alone.   Hangry - not nice,  no matter the end you on.   Thinking I'll buy snicker tomorrow

#19 Riotproof

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

I think hangry is A bit of an excuse for someone’s laziness. If you are hangry, cook done toast.

#20 Jingleflea

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:20 AM

Not excusing his behaviour but could he be stressed at work?

DH very rarely behaves in a similar manner and that's when I know he's stressed beyond breaking at work.

#21 SplashingRainbows

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:35 AM

I cannot imagine myself or my husband ever, ever, waking a sleeping person to make food for a functioning adult.

That’s what cereal or toast or fruit is for isn’t it?

There’s always plenty of options here that don’t require much effort or thought.

OP I think your DH was incredibly disrespectful and I’d be taking that up with him in a calmer moment.

#22 Freddie'sMum

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:42 AM

I hear my DH get up and eat food when he wakes in the middle of the night.  If he woke me up to get him some food, I would be beyond angry.

Unbelievable OP, absolutely unbelievable.

#23 #notallcats

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

View PostSeaPrincess, on 27 February 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

I get hangry, and this is very true. For me at least, hangry happens without passing through hungry. On the odd occasion when I am aware of it, I can deal with it and feed myself, but there has been many a time when DH has put food in front of me and told me to eat because I don’t have a clue. I’ve also put food on the bench for my hangry child and told him to come and get it when he’s ready because he isn’t conscious that what he needs is food.

Actually, hangry makes light of someone’s low blood sugar status, which is a health problem. For me, it’s bad enough that I always carry a snack of some kind, just in case, but it still happens.

Your post is a bit contrary.  You say on the "odd" occasion you are aware of it, but then go on to say you always carry a snack just in case.   If you aware you have a problem, recognise the pattern, then you can self regulate.   There's no reason to get angry and depend on someone else to feed or regulate for you.  I doubt the OP's husband would have behaved like that at work, or at a friend's house.

#24 SeaPrincess

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

View Post#notallcats, on 28 February 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

Your post is a bit contrary.  You say on the "odd" occasion you are aware of it, but then go on to say you always carry a snack just in case.   If you aware you have a problem, recognise the pattern, then you can self regulate.   There's no reason to get angry and depend on someone else to feed or regulate for you.  I doubt the OP's husband would have behaved like that at work, or at a friend's house.

It something I’ve been aware of being a problem for close to 30 years. I’ve had repeated blood tests - nothing abnormal detected. I can self-regulate if I eat by the clock, but that’s not always possible, and that’s when I can’t control it.

I wouldn’t wake DH to feed me.

#25 Holidayromp

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:32 AM

He chucks a tanty because no food even though he has been what’s available. Are his arms painted on?

Then you enable his sh*tty behaviour by making him food then he goes to sleep whilst you kid wrangle!

Is he usually this useless?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.
3d开机号今天是 广西福彩快乐十分走势图 深圳风采中奖条件 股票配资平台哪家安全 南京麻将30进园子群 下载闲来麻将安卓 期货配资网 广东麻将群一元一分入群 互联网投资理财排行榜 四川麻将 网上麻将作弊器真的吗 长城配资 四场进球几点开奖 短线股票推荐,公众号 免费下载欢乐真人麻 纸牌麻将拿牌说明